This is the publishing contract SFReader uses for Fiction Feature and Contest Winners:
This contract is made between:
14022 Noble Park Drive
Odessa FL 33556
Hereafter referred to as the Publisher and
Hereafter referred to as the Author.
The parties agree as follows:
1. The Author grants permission to include his/her story titled “____________”, hereafter referred to as the Work, in SFReader.com.
2. The Author grants permission to include the Work in an annual anthology to be published electronically and available in print through Print on Demand technologies.
Payments and Royalties.
3. For the rights granted above, the Author will receive a payment in the sum of $25 USD, which will be paid within thirty (30) days of signing and returning this agreement to the Publisher.
4. The use of the Work by the Publisher entails the assignment of First Electronic Rights for publication on SFReader.com and one-time reprint rights for inclusion in an annual SFReader fiction anthology. It is also understood and agreed that the Publisher may use this Work only in the above-mentioned publications and that all rights not specifically granted herein reside exclusively with the Author. The Publisher reserves the right to archive the Work on SFReader.com indefinitely.
Author’s Warranties and Indemnities
5. The Author represents and warrants that he is the sole author of the Work, that the Work is original, and that no one has reserved the rights granted in this agreement. The author also represents, to the best of his knowledge, that the Work does not contain any libellous material.
No Competing Publication
6. The Author agrees not to publish or permit others to publish this Work in any form online prior to its appearance in SFReader.com. Changes in Text or Title
7. The Publisher will make no major alterations to the Work’s text or title without the Author’s written approval. The Publisher reserves the right to make minor copy-editing changes and format changes required by the publishing media.
8. The Publisher agrees to list a proper copyright notice for the work in the name of the Author.
9. The Author will be credited as:
9. This agreement shall be deemed executed under the laws of the state of Florida. Florida State Law shall be the applicable law of this agreement.
The parties acknowledge that each party has read and understood this contract.